Setting up Procedure
First team playing on Middle Head Oval on Saturday is usually juniors with a 8.30am kick off. Manager of first team on is responsible. You will need a minimum of 4 adults to set up the field for play.
- Remove caps over goal post footings. Place caps close to goalposts, but off playing surface. Then a minimum of 4 adults carry posts horizontaly and lift onto footings.
- Put up 2 goal nets and 6 corner and centre flags which are found in the lockup below the changing rooms (you may need some electrical tape to secure the nets to the posts). Nets are to be pegged fully into the ground with the lump hammer (found in toolbox) to avoid creating a trip hazard. Toolbox to be replaced in Clubhouse. Place 4 corner posts on outer corner of the intersection of goalline and sideline and the 2 centre flags a meter off the pitch in line with the halfway line.
Packing Away Procedure
Last team playing on Middle Head Oval on Saturday is usually seniors with a 3pm kick off.
- Nets to be taken down and placed into the wheelie bin and put with the 6 flags in the lockup below the changing rooms. Pegs should be replaced in toolbox which is stored with the nets and flags. Make sure that no pegs are left in the ground as these could cause injury.
- Remove goalposts and place in the slots by the baseball nets. Replace caps over footings and tighten bolts.
- Make sure all rubbish is picked up and placed in the bins next to the changing rooms.
Additional procedure for AL1s Games
Roping off touchline must be carried out for all matches played by Premiers and AL1s (first and reserves). Any fines handed out by MWSA will be passed on to the team responsible.
Stake out a rope along touchline a metre from the line on the road side of the oval. Use lump hammer in toolbox to anchor stakes into the ground.
Back to top