Georges Heights Oval - Field Layout
- Arrive at least 30 mins prior to the first game.
- The GHO shed contains goal posts for U7, U8s & U9s (U10s remain fixed in place)
- There are 4 green bins - for each field J8A, J8B, J9 and GHO1. These contain the nets, pegs, tape and mallet for each field.
- 6 Goal posts are in the shed, with only 2 now required for U8s
- Corner flags and LJ Hooker tobelerones are in the shed.
FOR SAFETY REASONS, PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO CHILDREN NEAR THE GOAL POSTS WHEN YOU ARE SETTING UP AND PACKING AWAY.
- Centre U8 & U9 goal posts on goal line with the hooks running along the top.
- U8 & U9s use green nets. U10s use white nets.
- Using the mallet in the bin provided, secure the nets with tent pegs along the base using 6 or 7 tent pegs per net.
- IMPORTANT: Please put the mallet back in the green bin and take it straight back to the shed. This stops the bins being used as rubbish bins and ensures the team packing away has the right bin for their field.
- Place 1 corner flag in each corner of the J10 field. Use witches hats for the U7, U8 & U9
- Position LJ Hooker tobelerones around the fields
- Get the green bin for your field from the shed (or empty the rubbish out if it has been left near the field!)
- Remove the tent pegs from the nets and place in the bin.
- Remove the nets, roll them neatly and put in the bin.
- Take the bin back to the shed.
- Two people carry each goal post to the shed.
- Turn the posts on their side so the hooks are on the bottom, and manoeuvre into the shed making sure you push the posts as far against the back wall as possible.
- When all posts are in, put the bins in the centre.
- Put the tobelerones in the centre.
Back to top