MFC Coaching Programs
MFC currently offers the following coaching programs to players, teams and coaches:
- Mosman FC Academy. The Mosman FC Academy is a structured program of training, camps and matches to build the skills of U9 - U11 players. Trials are held in November, and the program commences with a camp in January.
- Pre-Season Coaching. Up to 15 sessions from January – March
- School Holiday Camps. Camps for 4 days in each school holiday
- Winter Season Coaching. Training twice per week and match coaching
- Summer 5 a Side. Two team entries for 5 a Side
- Summer Skills. One training session per week
- Equipment Pack. Mosman FC Academy Training kit
- Professional coaching. We will offer professional coaching for all teams 3-5 times per season, and for all sessions for U8s. This is organised by the coaching coordinator for the age group and is generally held at the usual training ground for the team (if teams change training grounds without notifying the coordinator, the team may miss out). This is also an opportunity for the regular coach to learn new training drills, ask questions and troubleshoot tactical issues.
- Goalkeeper Training. We provide specialist goalkeeper training for Juniors and Seniors. We may offer single sessions and ongoing training slots depending on interest.
- School Holiday Camps. 4 Day camps held at Middle Head Oval during each of the 4 school holidays. Click through for details and an application for the next camp.
- Match Assessment A professional coach will observe junior and senior matches, and provide verbal and written feedback. This assessment may be requested via the Coaching Director.
- Grassroots Coaching Course. Mosman FC or the MWFA will offer a free, compulsory course for sub-junior coaches (U6 - U8) at the start of each season. This course is great fun, and will equip coaches with a basic understanding of how to structure a training session, and teach the core technical skills such as dribbling, passing and heading. Click here for more details of the Grassroots course. In addition, qualified coaches can take a free FNSW course to become a Grassroots presenter, which will allow them to deliver grassroots training to coaches.
- Coach Course Subsidy. We will provide an 80% - 100% subsidy for junior, youth and advanced courses to coaches who are committed to coaching an MFC team. Submit receipts to the Treasurer for reimbursement. We are particularly interested in female coaches to coach teams in our rapidly growing Junior Ladies division. These courses are provided by the MWFA, FNSW and FFA. Details of upcoming courses can be found on the FFA website or as an event on the home page.
Back to top