How to Register to Play for Mosman FC
All players who play for Mosman FC must have a valid registration for the MWFA competition. This means completing ALL the registration requirements, which differ by age group. Please note that all registration requirements can now be completed on-line for new and returning players - please follow the instructions for each age group. The club retains absolute discretion on which players play for which teams in ALL age groups, but we will try to accomodate reasonable requests to play with friends. Please remember that this is a volunteer run community club in your communications.
For the 2013 winter season, the registration fees are :
| Age Group
|Senior Men / O35 / U21
|Junior (U8 - U18)
|Junior (U6 - U7)
Dual Registration (Junior Ladies & Junior)
NB: includes late fee
Click through the links below for the specific age group information and forms. All age groups are defined as of 1st January each year - so an U6 child would be born in 2007, be 5 on 1st January, and have a 6th birthday during the year. If you are unable to afford these registration fees, please send us an email outlining your situation as we may be able to help. Like all sports, football carries the risk of injury, and registered players are covered by a FNSW insurance policy, as outlined on this fact sheet, but please note that Australian Government regulations prevent insurers from covering "gap" payments, so some medical costs may not be covered.
Payment can be made by credit card, direct deposit or cheque. Please note that we do not accept cash, and no club officials are permitted to accept cash payments.
- Sub-Junior, Juniors and Junior Ladies. Registration and the competition format is slightly different for each age group :
- U6/U7. Play 4 a side on mini-fields with no goalkeeper. The games are "non-competitive", so no league tables are kept.
- U8/U9. Play 7 a side on small fields with a goalkeeper. The games are "non-competitive", so no league tables are kept, but teams are graded into stronger & weaker divisions.
- U10/U11. Play 9 a side on 3/4 fields with a goalkeeper. The teams are graded and placed into divisions.
- U12 to U18 teams. U12 and up play on full sized fields in divisions with league tables, and players require photo registration cards, which must be produced at the beginning of each game.
- Junior Ladies play in U10 to U18 teams. U10 teams play on 3/4 sized fields without competition tables, and teams are grouped by the club and association into stronger & weaker divisions. U11 and up play on full sized fields in divisions with league tables, and players require photo registration cards, which must be produced at the beginning of each game. Girls can play in the Junior division in the relevant age group and/or have dual registration for a Junior Ladies team. All junior players in age groups U10 and over are required to attend skills assessment in early February.
All junior players in age groups U9 and over are required to attend skills assessment in early February. Check the news section for times of skills assessment and here for more information about the skills assessment process. We have a Skills Assessment Appeal Process for U9 to U16 players who are unhappy with their team allocation. If you are not sure what age group your child is in, please check here.
- Senior. Seniors are divided into all-age, U21, ladies and 035 competitions, but the registration process is the same. All teams are placed in graded divisions by the MWFA and players require photo registration cards, which must be produced at the beginning of each game. Please note that the student classification / discount no longer applies due to changes in insurance arrangements made by FNSW. Any U18 players registered in senior teams pay the JUNIOR registration fee - please pay by Direct Deposit.
- Referees. Referees should also register on-line. Click through to MyFootball Club:
- Click the "Referee Registration" Button
- Click " I have logged into MyFootballClub..."
- Enter FFA number & password
- Check or complete your personal details, then click register
- Select Manly Warringah Football Referees Association" in club box, "Official" in the registration category and complete the rest of the questions
- Once confirmed select Invoice Me (fee will be deducted from match payments)
NB: Summer 5 a Side registration is a different process and is covered here.
Back to top