Registration for Juniors
2014 Season Registration
Mosman Football Club is using the FFA MyFootball Club online registration system for all players. All returning players will have an FFA number. If you do not know the FFA number, go to www.myfootballclub.com.au and find it using the player's name and date of birth. The FFA number will apply even if the player has played for a different club in a previous season.
Returning Players. Once you have your FFA number and password, you can register online using the link below, which will be available until Wednesday 19th February 2014. Further registrations after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis, if there is space in an appropriate team. Please email the Sub-Junior, Juniors or Junior Ladies VP to check if late registration is possible, and if so follow the registration process below.
New Players. New players can register using the link below, which will be available until Wednesday 19th February 2014. Please note below the additional registration requirements for new players. Further registrations after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis, if there is space in an appropriate team. Please email the Sub-Junior, Juniors or Junior Ladies VP to check if late registration is possible, and if so follow the registration process below.
Registration fees for 2014 are here.
U6 - U9 Team Registration. We encourage social teams to register themselves, so friends and classmates can play together. In some cases, players want to play with friends who would be in a different age group based on their date of birth. To do so, the younger player must 'play up' in the older player's age group as players cannot 'play down' an age group. To confirm the appropriate age group, please follow this link.
The deadline for team registration is Wednesday 19th February 2014. To register a team:
- Register all players individually first through the FFA website. Ensure that each player registers for the correct age group for the team to allow players to be matched up easily during the registration process.
- Appoint a manager and coach
- Complete a team form and email to the Sub-Juniors VP or mail to: Mosman Football Club, PO Box 170 Spit Junction NSW 2088. Attention: Sub-Juniors VP
The top 2-3 U9 teams, and all other junior players will be placed into teams according to their skills assessment or trial results - check the club news page for details which will be available once dates, times and locations are confirmed. Please ensure your child attends these sessions during February.
Mixed, Ladies & Dual Registration
Junior boys play in the mixed competition (which is 95% boys), played on Saturday mornings. Junior girls have a choice of playing in the ladies competitions, played on Sunday mornings, the mixed competition or both. We recommend the following:
U9: Girls can either play with their male friends in an U9 team or female friends in an U10 team. Both competitions are semi-graded, so the stronger teams from each club will play each other.
U10/U11: Girls can either play with their male friends in an U10 team or female friends in an U10 team. The girls U10 competition is semi-graded, so the stronger teams from each club will play each other. The mixed U10 competition is graded into divisions, and girls will be placed into teams according to their skills assessment results.
U12 and up: All competitions are graded into divisions and selection for boys and girls is based on their skills assessment results. Only girls with exceptional athletic ability should consider joining an U12 or over mixed team, and their suitability will be clear from the skills assessment metrics relative to the boys. The final call on placing players in teams will be made by the Vice Presidents of Juniors and Junior Ladies and the Club's Coaching Director, and will be made based on our view, in consultation with parents, of the best interests of the player concerned.
Dual Registration. Female players can register to be eligible for both the mixed and girls competitions. An additional fee is payable for dual registration.
- Full Member of Both Teams. Subject to the criteria above girls can join 2 teams and play on Saturdays and Sundays, and train with each team (schedule allowing).
- Borrowed Players. Girls can play for mixed teams as borrowed players when the mixed teams need additional players. This should be organised via the team manager, who will approach the VPs to request additional players. There are some complex rules on player eligibility, which are detailed here, but in general players can play up an age group or in a higher division in the same age group.
How to register
Register with Mosman FC via MyFootball Club and pay by credit card (includes a 2% credit card fee)
- Click the "Player Registration" Button (NB Referee registration is also now available)
- Click " I have logged into MyFootballClub..."
- Enter FFA number and password
- Check or complete your personal details, then click register
- Select Mosman Football Club / player and the registration category
- Once confirmed pay by credit card
The following three requirements should either be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: Mosman Football Club, 5/2 Paling Street, Cremorne NSW 2090. Attention: Juniors Registrar
1. Complete the MWFA Application
The MWFA application form is for U12 and older players who did not play for Mosman FC or another MWFA club last season. Please download, complete and send it to Mosman FC as noted above.
2. Provide a digital photo (U12/W12 and older)
The MWFA cards use a digital photo, that should:
- be roughly square
- have no hats and no glasses or sunglasses
- have a light background
- be compressed to 30kb or less (Microsoft Picture Manager compressed to "web pages" will do this)
- have a file name: "MFC2014 your name team.jpg" (e.g. MFC2014 Jane Beam 035/4.jpg or MFC2014 John Smith U10.jpg). If your don't know your team, leave a space.
3. Provide proof of age
Players must provide a copy of their birth certificate or passport (mail or email to address above).
We look forward to another excellent season in 2014.
Jane Randall (Sub-Junior VP), Amanda Walker (Junior Ladies VP) and Elias Aghnatios (Junior VP)
Back to top